Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Keenan's First month/Christmas in Los Angeles

    
Keenan has had quite an eye opener going from St. George to the big city of LA. He says there are lots of homeless people everywhere and the stores have to put remote locks on their shopping carts so they don’t get stolen. There is also a lot of diversity there and everything from the very poor to the very rich. Downtown Hollywood is part of his area though he doesn’t get a chance to really go there since they are always busy with appointments. He is on a bike and really likes it.  Here are some excerpts from his letters:
The L.A temple puts up a bunch of Christmas lights and it looks cool. They also do a lot of activities at the VC and have a bunch of Christmas activities
Here is something cool; there is good and bad news. The good news is that I got to meet the most famous Mormon in the world, Donny Osmond. He is performing or something in L.A and we met him in the Hollywood ward building. He went to sacrament meeting and after we walked in he was like hey elder! I actually didn’t know who he was but my companion was like "DONNY OSMOND!" the bad news is that we forgot our cameras and didn’t get to take a picture with him, so I have no proof. Oh well.
Yesterday was the Christmas devotional where everyone sings and says parts and stuff and there is a Samoan family in the ward and they were going to sing a song in Samoan, and they made me sing it with them even though I don’t know what it said, it was cool though. One of our investigators who we haven’t seen in a while went, but they left so I didn’t get to talk to her, so I was kind of bummed. Today we are going to go play volleyball with the ward, so I’m excited. I will write a letter this week, hopefully if I have time, .My companion had to pack a lot and get ready to leave so we did that a lot. 
     We got to talk to Keenan today for Christmas. He said he loves his mission and that there is nowhere else that he would rather be right now. He loves seeing the changes in people, and how the gospel touches their lives. He just got a new companion from Twin falls, MT. He has been out a little over a year and Keenan is really happy to have him as a comp. Keenan says his Spanish is coming along very well and now has a hard time saying a prayer in English.  He loves being a missionary!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment